Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Color Quiz truth?

I took a color quiz that they blogged about earlier in the week on YoungHouseLove.com -- and then I made J take it too (actually he wanted to). It's interesting. You select the colors from a selection based on what you like the most and what you like the least. Somehow it uses your selects to determine what occupational category suits you. I took it twice, just to see if my results would change. Apparently either way you slice it I'm an "Organizer," and I think it was pretty accurate -- eerily, actually -- but I have to admit I have no idea how my color choices would relate in any way to a suitable occupational category. Here's the skinny ...

"Organizer" Keywords:
Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate
(Um, yeah. No doubt about any of that. But it doesn't mention crappy speller. I'm that too)

"Organizer" Careers:
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.

OMGoodness do those sound boring as all get-out, or what? Yawn, yawn, yawn! About the only ones that are even remotely appealing are ... well, actually none of them are appealing. Huh, I wonder what that says about me. The keywords all fit me, but the jobs are so, SO unappealing to me.

Hmmmmm. Anyway ...

My second best career category changed from "Persuade" (the first time I took it) to "Creator". They both seem to be a stretch, but Persuade seemed a somewhat better fit for me:

- Witty: on a good day

- Competitive: only when playing games (or should I say especially when playing games?)

- Sociable: Um, no! Totally no

- Talkative: only with friends

- Ambitious: Um, no

- Argumentative: I have to admit, I can be argumentative

- Aggressive: occassionally, but prefer to see it as being "forceful and frank"

But then they ruined "Persuade" for me by explaining that "type" as: These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

And that doesn't sound like me at all. (Or am I just fooling myself by refusing to see that the description fits me? Nah.)

Creator popped the second time and that seems to me to be a REAL stretch you know, like doing-the-splits-without-warming-up kind of a stretch -- painful even to fathom):

- Nonconforming: um, no -- I'm a process girl. Goody two-shoes. No tats, oddly place piercings, or rebellion here.

- Impulsive: occassionally, but only when shopping, and THEN only at the Pottery Barn outlet and it's a piece of furniture I just have to have

- Expressive: only when IRATE, unless you consider getting red in the face "expressive" but really, I can't help that. I'd be more expressive if I had the talent to raise just one eyebrow like my friend Sonja. That's cool, and I'm envious of that skill.

- Romantic: can you hear me laughing? No freaking way.

- Intuitive: mildly

- Sensitive: eh? Heck no.

- Emotional: I cry when watching come commercials. Does that count?

It worked out about the same for J (the primary pick was spot-on, and the secondary one was iffy at best). If you want to try it go to CareerBuilder.com’s “Color Career Counselor” quiz. Let me know if it worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment