Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Barking dogs and taxes


This week I've heard my share of barking dogs (and a hissing cat) and have thought many times about our taxes. Doodle is staying with us this week while her family is in the panhandle enjoying the beach. She's got such a great personality, is super cute, and is peppy and bouncy (even when she had to wear "The Cone" to keep her from messin' with the dog bite she got last week). Love her tons, but boy this girls likes to use her voice. That's not something Killer does, so it's quite a shock to the system.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when she barks at something in the middle of the night and both dogs go racing across the room to look out the window. Then they race across the room to the other window. Then back again. All the while Rico is yelling "Dogs, no barking! No barking!" (Which, by the way, is really, really effective. Not!).

The fun really gets going when my cat comes into the bedroom and hisses as she walks by --this gets Doodle all worked up and she starts chasing her. Then Killer starts chasing them both. Fun, fun, fun. Hissing and barking, running, hissing, barking. Rico yelling.

Tonight I think I'll take something to help me sleep. :) And maybe I should take something to help me stop thinking about the fact that our taxes aren't done yet.

This may not seems like a big deal to most people, but I'm pretty anal about getting stuff done on time. And we're talking about taxes from 2008. Yup, that's right, 2008. They're still not done, and I can't freakin' believe it. All I can say is that we had better not get a bill from the tax accountant for this cluster or I might lose it. We still don't have an idea if we're getting something back, or if we'll be paying. Considering Rico is not working right now, I'm really hoping it's the former. (please, please, please, please)


Then we can go back to doing the E-Z form for 2009 taxes -- because we won't have any business stuff to deal with anymore. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment