Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I've been to the Thumb!

It's true, I've been to the thumb. This likely has no meaning for you if you're not from Michigan -- the mitten state. But if you are then you probably know just what I'm talking about. Rico and I went to a wedding this weekend in the THUMB of Michigan -- in Bad Axe. Hold up your left hand... then take your right hand and point a the middle right edge of your thumb nail. That's where we were for Danielle and Aaron's wedding.

This is the happy couple just after they said they're "I Do's" -- this blurry photo courtesy of Rico (how, how, how can nearly every pic he takes be blurry?). Don't they look happy?


She was beautiful -- and her dress was stunning. Sophisticated, and gorgeous, and just so Danielle. OMG if I was a I've-always-dreamed-about-my-wedding-day kind of girl this dress would be the one I would have picked -- well, that is if I was a size 2 and perfectly proportioned like Danielle.


It was the most beautiful wedding dress I've ever seen. Gorgeous cream color. Beautifully beaded with pearls. A graceful silhouette with just a bit of tulle floating out at the bottom. Stunning. Here they are surrounded by the our American Cancer Society crew -- Danielle used to live in G.R. and work at the ACS office there. (we miss her!). Aaron lured her back to the thumb -- where they both grew up -- and that's where they make their home now. G.R.'s loss is Ubly's gain.
It was a pleasure to be a part of their big day. All the best to the lovebirds!