The holidays are over and it's time to get serious. It's time to haul out all the crap that got stuffed in cupboards, drawers, and closets as we prepped for hosting holiday parties. And as I think about doing that stuff there's a lot of other stuff I'd like to get done. Stuff that needs to get done before it gets nice and we want to spend time outside.
So here it is -- stuff I'd love to get done before the snow melts:
- Patch cracks in drywall (1 living room, 1 bedroom, 1 basement stairwell, 1 hallway) and nail pops in ceiling
- Do a major clean of all rooms. Clean out junk and only leave essentials. Put the rest in the barn for the spring Relay For Life of Lowell garage sale fundraiser.
- Get Rico to build the cabinets for the "new" laundry room (and when I say "new" I mean 1 year old) and finish the beadboard and trim.
- Clean couch upholstery (and figure out where we're going to put the couch now that it's been displaced by the treadmill).
- Scan old photos and eliminate prints not displayed. If you never look at them what's the point of having them sitting in a cupboard?
- Continue purging "holiday" decorations and paraphernalia. Too much, too, too much stuff. (And I'm not just talking Christmas stuff.)
- Sell Polish pottery that I don't use.
- Pare down dishes in kitchen -- too many extra sets of dishes and way too many bowls.
- Repaint master bath and add tile above the shower unit.
- Clean out cabinets in bedroom. Purge, purge, purge.
And then when the snow melts.....
Intimate winter chateau wedding in France
21 hours ago