Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Essentials

Do you have stuff that you just have to have with you to feel comfortable? Or am I alone in that foible?

When I leave the house there are things I just have to have in my bag:

- kleenex: yes, a Kleenex pocket pack of tissues makes my list. You gotta love having allergies, and there's nothing worse than listening to someone sniffle constantly because they don't have a tissue (or am I the only one with that pet peeve?)


- lip balm: it's all in my head, I know, but I just gotta have one or two with me or all I can think about is how parched my lips feel and how badly I need some lip balm)
- eyedrops: usually two kinds of eye drops, because one would just not be enough; everyone knows you have to have the super-sticky kind of eyeball re-wetting eye drops in addition to allergy eye drops, right? The kind without preservatives is a must for me, so ReNu it is!
- a book: or two books, because who wants to be stuck somewhere without something to read? Not me. And carrying two books is just in case the one you're reading ends up being a dud. There are so many books out there, so why continue reading one that doesn't capture your interest?


- sunglasses: my eyes are sensitive to light, so I've almost always got sunglasses on if I'm out of the house. If I don't have them on I'm surely squinting or dealing with weepy, watery eyes. Love that! (Not.). I'm really am loving the purple Lucky Brand sunglasses got at Ada Eye Care this summer. Thanks Dr Davis, for stocking some cool stuff.

Those are my essentials -- or all of the essentials that are mentionable without crossing the "too much information" line. How about you? What do you just have to have with you. Is it your cellphone or crackberry? Is is your iPod? Or something more basic like antibacterial cleanser? I know we've all got our own quirky take on what's essential. How about you?

P.S. Other bloggers point this out, so I will too: I'm not getting anything for mentioning or endorsing these items. They're just what I like.