Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

For Maddie

I was going to write a post earlier in the week about the Doggie Slumber Party we had over Labor Day weekend. Killer had two friends stay with us -- Maddie and Sophie -- while their family was up north for the holiday. I even took pictures to commemorate the event, which was a first for us. Since Killer really loves to be the center of attention (especially mine) we've never had guests that weren't "family." Last weekend changed that, and Killer did really well with sharing the spotlight.

Here she is with Maddie:


And here she is with Sophie:

They went for a walk. They raced around in the field. Maddie even enjoyed playing on my sister's trampoline (which is in-ground, so they just walked right onto it to play). They lounged around. They (we) napped and enjoyed the rain storm

I'm glad it was a good weekend for the girls, because, sadly, Maddie started having seizures yesterday and she is now up with the angels. Much love to the brown-eared girl. Much love to her family too -- especially her "mom" who left for to start her freshman year of college the week before Labor Day.


A STUMP FOR A TAIL
You can't buy loyalty, they say
I bought it though, the other day;

You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
Well just the same, I bought that too.

I made my bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot

Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small.

I bought a single trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start.

If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-eyed puppy with a stump for a tail.

--- author unknown ---