Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A wee bit of me Wednesdays... er, Thursday

I know, it's not Wednesday -- but I just came across Leigh Ashley's blog today and it looks like fun. Here goes:

{one} what is your happiest childhood memory?
Camping with our big extended family (with two families of aunts, uncles, and cousins too) at Timber Shores Resort in Northport, Michigan. It was a resort that was North West of Traverse City back in the 70s. So much fun! Campfires, swimming, tennis, shuffleboard, crafts, "kids camp", square dances, singing "You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille" accompanied by the jukebox during happy hour. It was awesome!

{two} what is your middle name?
Rene (yes, with one "e", like a boy's name in France)

{three} what’s the habit you’re most proud of breaking?
Huh... once I stopped expressing sarcastic comments for 6 months. But I felt like a watered-down version of myself, so I stopped.

{four} what do you order when you order Chinese food?
Hot and sour soup, egg roll (no shrimp), and General's Chicken

{five} what’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?
Like-new Chaco sandles -- the sole is almost totally unblemished, so hardly ever worn -- that retail for upwards of $100.

{six} what’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
Black-eye'd P's -- we work black shirts with a big, white felt "P" on the front and a killer black eye for each of us -- thanks to a beautiful palette of eyeshadow (artfully applied)

{seven} who’s your favorite game show host?
Drew Carey

{eight} what’s your favorite breakfast food?
Denny's pancakes.

{nine} what’s your least favorite word?
Um, I'm not comfortable putting it in print -- but I really dislike it -- really ;)

{ten} describe something that happened to you for which you have no explanation.
Being swindled by a lawyer who took our money but didn't do anything.