Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Musical stylings


The musical stylings of... Glee.

I watched the end of the season show earlier in the week and I was craving me some Glee the next day. I went to my music source, Dave, because his wife and I have similar musical interests. If I'm lookin' for something chances are Beth already has it.

Guess what? She DID! Season one anyway. Score! So now I'm gleefully listening to a bit of Glee.

The next day Dave had a question for me... have I heard of Jack Johnson? What? OF COURSE!
I have lots of his music, including the two most recently released albums which I had just picked up at Target. Now if only I could find them... they're MIA (I suspect I loaned them to my sister):
To the Sea
En Concert Here's what I managed to dig up to give to Dave. Take a listen, he's one of my faves.

I love Upside Down from Curious George
Sleep Through the Static

I love "Banana Pancakes" from In Between Dreams
Jack Johnson

On and On


The funny part of this -- funny ironic, not funny ha ha -- is once upon a time I asked my brother if he'd ever heard of Jack Johnson, and we played out the same scenario. In fact, my niece, who was 7 at the time, could sing the words to many of his songs. Great minds think alike, eh?