Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

John Tesh In Concert


This is your gift, this brand new day.
So take it to heart, take it on faith.
Open your eyes, don't be afraid to learn how to live.
This is your gift. This brand new day. This is your gift.

This Is Your Gift by John Tesh


Yes, it's true -- I went to a John Tesh concert tonight in Bryon Center -- and I took my mom.

All together now... "Awwwwwwww." Isn't that sweet? It was, really. I got tickets from work and I knew my mom would enjoy it much more than my husband would. She loved it. And I enjoyed it too (except for the rapping, because let's face it, a 57-year-old white man has no business trying to rap, even it if is tongue-in-cheek). We had great seats in the lower level, center. I'll have to remember to say thanks to J's cousin for getting us such good seats -- it pays to have friends in high places, right? Ha.Ha.

The show was very entertaining.The show side-kick, Gib, was a riot (even if he didn't have the muscle to toss free t-shirts to the back level of the theatre). By the way, Gib -- www.tesh.com -- how's that for hawking your site, oh great webmaster? Now toss me a t-shirt. :)

The hip-hop dancer that performed was really great, and the music was really nice -- I especially enjoyed the instrumental pieces and the song quoted above "This Is Your Gift." I really loved that song, and it's a message worth remembering.

Blue skies. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment