Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Putting Your Best Foot Forward?

Image Source: here

Today was an exciting day at work -- it was the day they announced the winners of the "Put Your Best Foot Forward" contest. This was a contest that was thought up by the head muckety muck at work, and the plan was that you had to wear your most expressive footwear to work and submit a photo to enter to win the contest.

Normally something like this would rank right up there with celebrating "Talk Like a Pirate Day" (which yes, we have celebrated at work before) in my mind -- and by that I mean I was thinking "WTF are they thinking?"

And then I read what the prizes were going to be: iPad 2s and $100 AE gift cards. PLURAL on each of those prizes. As in more. than. one. of. each. prize.

I gotta admit that got my attention.

Both of those sounded very appealing. Very. But, and here's the problem, I don't have any shoes that could be called -- by any stretch of the imagination -- expressive. I'm a tennis shoes and flip flops kind of gal, and that's not something that's going to get a ton of votes for originality.

So I decide I'm going to pimp out a pair of tennis shoes with my Relay For Life and American Cancer Society bling. It's a way to express support for a cause that's near and dear to my heart at work. Normally that's not allowed because showing any support for anything like that is frowned upon as solicitation. (Can you tell I don't agree with them about what constitutes solicitation?)

So this opportunity is exciting. Bling out a pair of shoes, feature something I'm proud to be a part of, and maybe win a prize. BONUS!

Here they are in all their blinged-out beautious-ness:

What do you think? Rico was laughing at me as I was pinning all the bling on after I got done doing my nightly workout on the treadmill. I believe the work "dork" may have been uttered (or maybe I just imagined it -- I truly don't remember). What I remember is that I was getting made fun of. But hey, it was the best I could do, and I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. So I wore them to work and I jingle-jangled around all day with my Relay For Life spirit out there for the world to see.

AND I WON. I won big -- you're lookin' at a grand prize winner, baby! I won an iPad2 today at work! Woop-woop!

Today was a good day to be at work. :)

Here were the runner's up that scored the gift card prizes:
And no, the second pair of shoes aren't stretched out because of an photo problem -- they really were that large. Size 22 I think -- the poor girl had to stuff towels in the fronts of them to keep them on her feet. And it was pretty humorous to hear her clomping down the halls in them.